DACA/Undocumented Students

Where All Jayhawks Rise

The University of Kansas welcomes all undergraduate and graduate applicants regardless of citizenship status. Undocumented students, with or without Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals status, should follow the same application procedure for all other domestic, undergraduate KU applicants.

How to apply as a DACA/Undocumented Student

Sign in to start a new application or continue work on an unsubmitted one. If you need help, see the online application FAQs or email help@applyweb.com.

The University of Kansas is a member of the Common Application. Sign in and add the University of Kansas to My Colleges. 

You may send in a paper application by mail, which takes longer to process.

What to include with your freshmen application

  • $40 fee (unless you qualify for a fee grant or military waiver)
  • self-reported ACT or SAT scores (KU's ACT code is 1470 and SAT code is 6871)
  • self-reported grades and GPA from high school course work
  • list of your senior-year courses (if you're applying to the University Honors Program, you'll need to upload a copy of your transcript or have it sent to the Office of Admissions)
  • if applicable, official GED or HiSET high school equivalency test scores

Submit your complete application by Nov. 1, and you'll automatically be considered for KU's renewable scholarships — no essays or transcripts required.

What to include with your transfer application

  • $40 fee (unless you qualify for a fee grant or military waiver)
  • official transcripts from each college you’ve attended. A faxed transcript (sent directly from the college) is acceptable for admission consideration, but we won’t award transfer credit until we receive official transcripts mailed or sent electronically from the college via an electronic transcript provider.


  • final, official high school transcript (or GED high school equivalency exam scores) with your graduation date mailed from your high school or the state GED agency
  • ACT or SAT scores

Submit your complete application by Feb. 1, and you'll automatically be considered for KU's renewable scholarships — no essays required.

How to update a submitted application

If you need to change your GPA, add improved test scores, change your personal information or let us know you've decided not to attend KU, you'll need to submit an update to your application.

Do undocumented students qualify for in-state tuition?

Kansas law KS 76-731a allows undocumented immigrants to pay in-state tuition if they meet specific in-state requirements. Click here to see if you qualify.

If you qualify for in-state tuition based on the requirements, submit this application and affidavit to the Office of the University Registrar within 30 days of the first day of your first semester. The application includes an 'affidavit' meaning a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation to be used as evidence, which must also be signed by a notary public.

Tuition rate questions?  Contact Jeff Roberts, Assistant University Registrar.   

You’ve applied. What's next?

You'll get an email after we receive your application, but you can always check your admission status. You should hear a decision in about two weeks after your application is complete.

Not ready to apply?

Make sure you’re signed up for our mailing list, and stay informed about the important deadlines, amazing opportunities, and unique benefits that come with choosing KU.

Request information

Visit KU

Aerial view of KU campusCome for a visit. Experience KU in person. It's the best way to make your decision.

Explore visiting options

Common App

The University of Kansas is a member of the Common Application. Click the link below to start your application.

Start your application