Freshman Enrollment Deposit
Pay your deposit online
To pay your $221 enrollment deposit, you’ll first need to create your KU Online ID. (Do not share your KU Online ID and password with anyone else — if a parent is paying for you, see the “Delegate Payment” section below.) When ready, set your browser to allow pop-ups, as additional windows will open during each process, and follow these instructions below:
- Using your KU Online ID, log in to Enroll & Pay
- Select the Student Financials Tile
- Select Pay Bills/KUCard/Dining $
- On the Pay Bills tab, click the “Pay Tuition, Housing and Other Charges” button and follow payment cues.
Transfer students do not pay an enrollment deposit.
There is a 2.85% fee for paying with a credit card (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and American Express are accepted), and no fee for paying by electronic check. If you have recently been admitted and do not see an enrollment deposit charge, check back the next day.
This deposit may be refundable or partially refundable, depending on outstanding charges on your KU account, if you submit this form by May 1 to notify us that you will not be attending KU. If you miss this deadline or have enrolled in classes, the deposit is nonrefundable.
If you encounter issues with deposit payment, contact KU IT’s customer service center at email@example.com or 785-864-8080.
Types of Enrollment Deposit
To allow parents or delegates to make payments on your behalf, you must establish each as a delegate in Enroll & Pay. Please set your browser to allow pop-ups, as additional windows will open during each process, and follow both sets of instructions below.
User guides for students and delegates are available at sis.ku.edu/delegate-access.
Payment instructions are available at https://sar.ku.edu/pay-online.
There is a 2.85% fee for paying with a credit card (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and American Express are accepted), and no fee for paying by electronic check.
Submit the Enrollment Deposit Deferment Form to add the $221 deposit to your KU bill for later payment. You'll use your KU online ID and password to submit this form. For deposit deferral to be approved, you must meet one of the following criteria:
- You received an application fee grant
- You are eligible for a federal Pell Grant
- You participate in one of the following programs: Upward Bound, Talent Search, LULAC, Student Support Services, Educational Opportunity Center, GEAR Up, KC Scholars, 20/20 Leadership Program, AVID, ECO Program, or Project Discovery
- You received an ACT/SAT fee waiver
- You participate in a federal free/reduced lunch program
Transfer students do not pay an enrollment deposit and do not need to submit a deposit deferment form.