If you've taken classes at KU before or wish to take a class that won't necessarily count toward a degree at KU, follow these special application instructions.
How should you apply?
Apply as a readmit if
- you attended KU before
- you earned grades of A, B, C, D, F, WG, or I, and
- it has been one semester or longer since you have attended KU
FILING A READMIT APPLICATION
There is no fee for the readmit application, which contains a place for you to list your activities since leaving KU and include any schools you've attended.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR READMISSION
Readmission is not guaranteed to students who left or were dismissed from KU. You may be readmitted if you left KU in good academic standing and are in good standing with all other institutions you've attended since your enrollment here.
Application deadlines for readmits who left KU in good academic standing
Spring 2020 - January 14
Summer 2020 - May 26
Fall 2020 - August 17
Applicants to the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences who were academically dismissed will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Dismissed readmits must submit official transcripts from all schools attended since leaving KU by the deadline below to be considered for readmission.
Application deadlines for dismissed students
Spring 2020 - January 7
Summer 2020 - May 19
Fall 2020 - August 10
Apply as a transfer student if you
- have attended KU only as a nondegree-seeking student after high school and
- now want to apply as a degree-seeking student
Apply as a freshman if you
- have attended KU only as a nondegree-seeking student while still in high school and
- now want to apply as a degree-seeking student.
Apply as a nondegree-seeking student if you
- are a student visiting from another college or university and want to transfer a KU course to your home institution
- are a high school student who plans to take a college-level course during high school, or
- are taking a class for personal enrichment, but not to obtain a degree
Nondegree-seeking students are limited to six credit hours per semester and generally do not receive financial aid or live in university housing. Courses taken as nondegree-seeking do not automatically apply toward a KU degree.
APPLICATION DEADLINES FOR NONDEGREE-SEEKERS
Spring 2020 - January 17
Summer 2020 - June 1
Fall 2020 - August 21
Start your application
Sign in to start a new application or continue work on an unsubmitted one. You can select your application type once you log in. (You can choose to send a new student or readmit application by mail instead, but paper applications take longer to process. )
You'll get an email after we receive your application, but you can always check your admission status. You should hear a decision in about two weeks after your application is complete.