The Midwest Student Exchange Scholarship is renewable funding for out-of-state transfer students from qualifying U.S. states. It is available to transfer students who enroll at any time, and it cannot be combined with any other renewable KU scholarship for nonresidents. Incoming freshmen are not eligible to receive the Midwest Student Exchange Scholarship.
$11,822 per year
To be eligible, you must live in one of the following states:
- North Dakota
Transfer students must also
- submit a complete admission application (by Feb. 1 if you're starting in the summer or fall semester and Nov. 1 if you're starting in the spring semester)
- have earned at least a 3.25 transferable GPA
- have completed 24 transferable college credit hours
- be transferring from a community college
- not have earned a bachelor's degree previously
How to apply
There's no separate application for this scholarship — just submit your KU admission application by the deadlines above. Accepted students who meet all the criteria will receive the Midwest Student Exchange Scholarship.
To be eligible for renewal, you must complete 30 KU hours and earn a cumulative 3.25 KU GPA.
*All references to SAT scores refer to math and evidence-based reading and writing.