The Midwest Student Exchange Scholarship is renewable funding for out-of-state students from qualifying U.S. states. It is available to eligible freshmen and transfers who enroll at any time, and it cannot be combined with any other renewable KU scholarship for nonresidents.
- $10,963 per year
To be eligible, you must live in one of the following states:
- North Dakota
Freshman students must also
- submit a complete admission application by Nov. 1 (no matter what semester you plan to start)
- have earned at least a 24 ACT or 1160 SAT* and earned at least a 3.25 high school GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Transfer students must also
- submit a complete admission application (by Feb. 1 if you're starting in the summer or fall semester and Nov. 1 if you're starting in the spring semester)
- have earned at least a 3.25 transferable GPA
- have completed 24 transferable college credit hours
- be transferring from a community college
- not have earned a bachelor's degree previously
How to apply
There's no separate application for this scholarship — just submit your KU admission application by the deadlines above. Accepted students who meet all the criteria will receive the Midwest Student Exchange Scholarship.
To be eligible for renewal, you must complete 30 KU hours and earn a cumulative 3.25 KU GPA.
*All references to SAT scores refer to math and evidence-based reading and writing from tests taken after March 2016. For tests taken before March 2016, please use this table to convert your score.