A KU degree is a valuable investment — our priority is making it one you can afford
59% receive renewable scholarships
- Each year, we give out millions of dollars in scholarships that freshmen can renew throughout their four years here.
- No separate scholarship application necessary. All you have to do is meet the qualifications and complete your admission application by Nov. 1 to be guaranteed a renewable KU scholarship.
- There are also tons of privately funded scholarships you can apply for.
$202 million in financial aid awards
- On top of our renewable scholarships, many U.S. students also help fund their KU education through federal grants, loans, and work-study positions on campus.
- To be eligible for your biggest possible financial aid package, complete your KU application by Nov. 1 and then file your FAFSA between Oct. 1 and June 30. File by the Dec. 1 priority date to be considered for limited funding financial aid programs. KU's federal school code is 001948.
- Kansas residents are also eligible for additional scholarships from their home state. File a separate state aid application by May 1 to be eligible for these.
1 of 34 AAU public universities
- We belong to an invitation-only group of the best universities in the country called the Association of American Universities. That means renowned professors and researchers, a reputation for challenging academic programs, and a degree respected by employers worldwide.
- We're the only AAU school in Kansas, and our tuition costs are much lower than most of our AAU peers, which makes your KU degree a valuable investment.
An investment in your future A degree from KU positions you for a great start. More than just your diploma, you'll get:
- Hands-on experience in classes
- Internship opportunities that leading companies offer just for Jayhawks
- University Career Center resources and services to guide you in the right direction
- A network of nearly 350,000 alumni who know the value of a KU education
Estimated annual cost, 2017-18
|Estimated tuition (plus any program course fees)||$9,818||$25,586|
|Required campus fees||$1,006||$1,006|
|Housing and meals||$6,300 - $14,000||$6,300 - $14,000|
$18,204 - $25,904
$33,972 - $41,672
Estimated cost includes allowances for tuition and fees (based on 30 hours each academic year in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences; other programs may have additional course fees), room and board, and books. For financial aid purposes, other estimated costs are $1,944 for transportation and $1,182 for personal expenses and $72 for loan fees.
Questions should be directed to the Office of the University Registrar.