- Final deadline to apply for fall 2017 semester is Aug. 7, 2017.
- International students, see deadlines for your admission and immigration documents.
Once you're admitted:
- See how your transfer credit fulfills degree requirements on your Degree Progress Report (DPR).
- Schedule a campus visit on Transfer Fridays.
- Use the Net Price Calculator to estimate financial aid and scholarship options.
- Search for outside scholarships at KU and at websites like fastweb.com and finaid.org.
- Sign your contract for student housing.
Transfer admission and enrollment time line
- Oct. 1: Filing period begins for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Use KU's federal student code: 001948.
- Apply for the spring semester in time to attend the first transfer Orientation and enrollment session in November (there's also one in January).
- Nov. 1: Scholarship hall first decision. If you want to know in December if you got into a scholarship hall, submit the required materials by this date.
- Submit official transcripts to confirm your admission status for spring semester.
- Jan. 3, 2017: Final deadline to apply for spring 2017 semester.
- Feb 1: Final deadline to apply for transfer scholarships.
- Feb. 1: Sign up for Orientation.
- March 1: Priority date to file the FAFSA. File earlier if you can. (You may still file the FAFSA after March 1, but awards may be smaller.)
- March 1: Final deadline for scholarship hall materials. If you didn’t apply by Nov. 1, selection for a scholarship hall will take place in April.
- If you've signed the housing contract, you'll get a notification when it's time to select your room and roommate online.
- Watch for information on formal recruitment dates for sororities and fraternities.
- Early transfer Orientation and enrollment sessions take place April 7 (half-day) and April 8 (full day).
- May 23: Final deadline to apply for summer 2017.
- Submit official transcripts to confirm your admission status and scholarships for summer and fall semesters.
- June 1: Final deadline to apply to University Honors Program. Please note, if you are less than four semesters away from graduation, you might not have time to complete this program's curricular requirements.
- Summer transfer Orientation and enrollment sessions begin.
- Arrive on campus and become a Jayhawk!
- Aug. 21: First day of classes.