Make it official Paying your enrollment deposit acts as your official acceptance of KU’s admission offer and includes Orientation, first-year programming and your KU Card — all with one deposit.
You can pay your $221 enrollment deposit starting in mid-September. Paying the enrollment deposit by May 1 is a recommended deadline to make your college decision but we understand you may need more time. Your admission to KU is secure and you can make the decision when it works best for you and your family. If you would like to request a deferment of the deposit (and it will be added to your KU bill in the fall), click on Deferring the Enrollment Deposit below.
What does the enrollment deposit cover?
The deposit confirms your place in the incoming KU class. The deposit covers Orientation and first-year and retention programming, and the cost of your KU Card.
When can I register for Orientation?
Do Transfer students pay an enrollment deposit?
Transfer students do not pay an enrollment deposit. However, they will have a one-time $171 new student fee placed on their student account after enrolling in KU courses. This fee covers Orientation, First-Year Programs, and the KU card. After enrollment, this fee is non-refundable.
When can I register for Orientation?
There is no charge for paying by electronic check. There is a charge for paying with a credit card (MasterCard, Discover, Visa, and American Express are accepted).
If a parent is paying for you, see Parent Payment instructions below. Do not share your KU Online ID and password with anyone else.
- Create your KU Online ID
- Click on this document for step-by-step instructions on how to pay: https://sis.ku.edu/sites/sis.ku.edu/files/Pay%20Online_1.pdf
If you have recently been admitted and do not see a charge, please check back tomorrow.
Confirm the payment
Your payment will post to your account within a few hours of being received. To confirm that we've received your payment:
- Log in to Enroll & Pay
- Click on the ‘Student Financials’ tile
- Click on Account Activity in the left-hand men
You can assign a parent or delegate the ability to pay your enrollment deposit and future bills at KU. Students must set up this access themselves — don't share your KU Online ID and password with others. To allow parents/delegates to make payments on your behalf, they must be setup in two places, first as a Delegate in Enroll & Pay, then also as a Payment Delegate with our third party payment vendor. Please follow all instructions below.
- Create your KU Online ID (if not completed in previous step)
- Set up delegate – instructions can be found here: https://sis.ku.edu/sites/sis.ku.edu/files/files/Student%20-%20Delegate%20Setup.pdf
- Set up payment delegate – instructions can be found here: https://sis.ku.edu/sites/sis.ku.edu/files/files/Student%20-%20Setting%20up%20a%20Payment%20Delegate.pdf
How delegates pay the enrollment deposit
- To access your delegate account, click here for instructions: https://sis.ku.edu/sites/sis.ku.edu/files/files/Delegate%20-%20Delegate%20Access.pdf
- Then to access your payment delegate account to make a payment: https://sis.ku.edu/sites/sis.ku.edu/files/files/Delegate%20-%20Payment%20Delegate%20Instructions.pdf
How to remove a delegate
You (the student) can remove a delegate by clicking the "deactivate" button and saving changes on the Delegate Options page in Enroll & Pay. You can also add new delegates through the "Create New Delegate" button on the same page.
If you have decided to attend KU, you can request a deferment by submitting the Enrollment Deposit Deferment Form - you'll need to login to submit this form, so make sure your KU online ID and password is handy. If your deposit is deferred, the $221 will be added to your KU bill and may be paid at a later time when that bill is due. Once the deferment is processed, you can register for orientation.
The ability to request a refund of your enrollment deposit depends on other steps you've taken with KU.
- Not refundable if: you've already enrolled in classes
- Not refundable if: you attended orientation
- Refundable if: you notify KU that you are not coming by filling out the form at admissions.ku.edu/update and depending on if you have any KU charges on your account