A few things to help you make your decision and take the Next steps to becoming a Jayhawk
Rising to the challenge
- As a member of the prestigious American Association of Universities, KU has a reputation for excellence in teaching and research. A degree from the University of Kansas will make you better prepared for what's ahead, and employers know it, too.
- Our honors program is one of the highest-ranking in the country, with courses taught by top faculty, extra out-of-class learning experiences, research opportunities, and a supportive intellectual community.
1,000+ ways to get involved
Whether you're into student government, community service, religion, politics, music, or just hanging out, we've got something for you:
- Close to 5,000 students live on campus, where there's always something going on.
- You can choose from nearly 500 student-run organizations — or you can start one of your own.
- All students have free access to our fitness center (including our newest features, like the rock climbing wall and indoor golf simulator).
- Our intramural sports teams, sports clubs, tournaments, and other recreational activities will keep you moving.
$202 million in financial aid awards
- Each year, KU students are awarded more than $202 million in scholarships, grants, loans, and other funding.
- 68% of KU students receive financial aid.
- If you complete your admission application before Nov. 1 and your grades and test scores qualify, you'll automatically receive a KU scholarship — no essays or extra forms needed. Find out how much you'd receive with our award table.
The perfect college town
- Lawrence is large enough to give off a big-city vibe, but small enough to make you feel right at home. The community revolves around the campus, and together they've built a buzzing epicenter of culture, art galleries, music venues, green spaces, and locally owned boutiques and restaurants.
- Lawrence has a population of 97,000, and about 24,000 of those are students.
- Kansas City is a 40-minute drive away, with performing arts, sports venues, shopping centers, and world-famous barbecue.
You know you're a member of the Jayhawk family the first time you find yourself yelling, "Rock Chalk!" to say hello. We've got a proud list of traditions that connect us across generations.
These videos introduce a few of them: