Admission and enrollment time line
- Oct. 1: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) becomes available online. You must file this form to be considered for federal loans, grants, Work-Study, and some state and university aid. KU’s school code is 001948.
- Nov. 1: To be considered for scholarships and the University Honors Program, submit a complete admission application by this deadline. (The honors application requires an essay; the KU application does not.)
- Nov. 1: Scholarship hall first decision. If you want to know in December if you got into a scholarship hall, submit the required materials by this date.
- December is your last opportunity to retake the ACT/SAT test to improve your scores in time to become eligible for a KU scholarship or to be considered for an increase in scholarships. You must submit your new test scores by Feb. 1.
- Jan. 13: Final deadline to apply for spring 2017 semester.
- Feb. 2: Sign up for Orientation.
- March 1: Priority date to file the FAFSA to be eligible for limited funds from some programs. File earlier if you can. (You may still file the FAFSA after March 1, but awards may be smaller.)
- March 1: Final deadline for scholarship hall materials. If you didn’t apply by Nov. 1, selection for a scholarship hall will take place in April.
- If you've signed the housing contract, you'll get a notification when it's time to select your room and roommate online.
- Watch for information on formal recruitment dates for sororities and fraternities.
June, July, or August
- Attend an Orientation session. You will enroll while you're there.
- July 1: Official, final high school transcripts and official ACT/SAT test scores must be submitted to confirm your admission status and scholarship eligibility, if you received an award package. Transcripts must include a graduation date and official test scores.
- Aug. 7: Final deadline to apply for fall 2017.
- Arrive on campus and become a Jayhawk!
- Aug. 21: First day of classes.