Admission and enrollment timeline
- Oct. 1: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) becomes available online. You must file this form to be considered for federal loans, grants, Work-Study, and some state and university aid. KU’s school code is 001948.
- Nov. 1: To be considered for scholarships and the University Honors Program, submit a complete admission application by this deadline. (The honors application requires an essay; the KU application does not.)
- Nov. 1: Scholarship hall first decision. If you want to know in December if you got into a scholarship hall, submit the required materials by this date.
- December is your last opportunity to retake the ACT/SAT test to improve your scores in time to become eligible for a KU scholarship or to be considered for an increase in scholarships. You must submit your new test scores by Feb. 1.
- December 1: Priority date to file the FAFSA to be eligible for limited funds from some programs. File earlier if you can. (You may still file the FAFSA after December 1, but awards may be smaller.)
- Jan. 9: Final deadline to apply for spring 2018 semester.
- Jan 16: First day of spring classes
- March 1: Final deadline for scholarship hall materials. If you didn’t apply by Nov. 1, selection for a scholarship hall will take place in April.
- If you've signed the housing contract, you'll get a notification when it's time to select your room and roommate online.
- Watch for information on formal recruitment dates for sororities and fraternities.
- May 1: Deadline to pay the enrollment deposit.
- May 29: Final deadline to apply for summer 2018.
- June 5: First day of summer classes
June, July, or August
- Attend an Orientation session. You will enroll while you're there.
- July 1: Official, final high school transcripts and official ACT/SAT test scores must be submitted to confirm your admission status and scholarship eligibility, if you received an award package. Transcripts must include a graduation date.
- Aug. 13: Final deadline to apply for fall 2018.
- Arrive on campus and become a Jayhawk!
- Aug. 20: First day of classes.