• Home
  • Admitted
  • U.S. Transfers

Welcome, admitted Jayhawk!

Your admission to KU stands as a big accomplishment, but you have more to do to truly become a Jayhawk. Follow these steps to make your student status official, and lay the groundwork for a successful first year on Mount Oread.


Set up your KU online ID and email address.

Arrow Image

You will need your student ID number found on your admission letter or at ku.askadmissions.net/vip. (It's not the username you used to apply online.) Once you click on the link below, on-screen instructions will walk you through the process of obtaining your assigned KU online ID and email address, as well as setting up a password, challenge questions, and additional email aliases.


Tech questions?
KU IT Customer Service Center


File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

Arrow Image

All students are eligible to apply for federal financial assistance. For fall entry, apply for financial aid any time after Oct. 1 and have your information sent to KU (Federal School Code 001948). Meet KU’s priority date of March 1 for the best chance at the limited funds some programs offer. If you are admitted for spring or summer, you can update your FAFSA now for aid in those terms — be sure to cancel aid at your previous school, so KU can disburse your aid.


FAFSA questions?
KU Financial Aid & Scholarships


Submit your official transcripts and see how your credits transfer.

Arrow Image

Within one month of sending KU your official transcripts, you can log into the myKU student portal with your KU online ID and check your Degree Progress Report (DPR), the larger report from which you can print your Degree Requirements Checklist or Advising Report. Use this information to discuss your degree path with your advisor at Orientation.


DPR questions?
KU Undergraduate Advising Center


Begin to plan for your Orientation.

Arrow Image

In addition to academic advising and first-semester enrollment, Orientation will cover resources at KU, what it means to be a Jayhawk, and tips for handling the transition to KU. Orientation sessions occur in January for spring-admitted students, and April, June, July, and August for fall-admitted students. Orientation will send registration materials to spring-admitted students in late November and fall-admitted students in mid-January.


Orientation questions?
KU Office of First-Year Experience


Sign a contract for student housing.

Arrow Image

For transfer students, we offer two-bedroom apartment living for two to four students, as well as residence halls with traditional two-person rooms or two- or four-person suites. Sign a contract as soon as possible — room and roommate selection begins in March and continues throughout the spring. As with any contract, cancellation charges may apply.


Housing questions?
KU Student Housing


Schedule a visit to KU’s campus.

Arrow Image

Visiting campus as an admitted Jayhawk can be both productive and exciting. Take a tour with a student ambassador, with a focus on what your life will be like as a Jayhawk. You can even schedule a meeting with a representative from your academic area of interest, or an academic advisor who can discuss transfer credits and your degree plan.


Visit questions?
KU Office of Admissions


Nebraska Regional Representative
Admissions Representative
Chicago Regional Representative
Admissions Representative
International Admissions Representative
Minnesota Regional Representative
Assistant Director, Colorado Regional Representative
Wichita Regional Representative
Admissions Representative
Southern California Regional Representative
St. Louis Regional Representative
Chicago Regional Representative
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative
Assistant Director for Freshmen Recruitment, Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative
Texas Regional Representative
Transfer Admissions Representative


Chat with us
chat loading...
KU Today