The University of Kansas has identified the following review and appeals process for transfer credit evaluation.
- Course transfer analysis is conducted by the Office of Admissions based upon departmental guidelines. A list of courses which have previously been evaluated for transfer credit is available in our CredTran tool.
- The Office of Admissions will refer courses not already evaluated and not covered by departmental guidelines to faculty committees in the relevant departments.
- Individuals who would like an explanation of a course transfer decision or to appeal a course transfer decision should contact the Transfer Credit team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 785-864-3911.
- Appeals of course transfer and equivalency decisions will be directed to the next highest level curriculum committee at the school or College level.
- Transfer issues related to school-level degree requirements will be reviewed at the school level. Appeals will be directed to a Transfer and Articulation Review Committee appointed by the provost.
General Education Requirements:
- KU’s General Education requirements are housed in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Students who would like an explanation of decisions related to how courses transfer to KU General Education requirements should contact College Student Academic Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (785) 864-3500.
- General Education transfer equivalencies will be reviewed by the Committee on Undergraduate Studies and Advising (CUSA) in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences. Appeals will be directed to a Transfer and Articulation Review Committee appointed by the provost. To initiate an appeal, contact the Transfer Credit team by email at email@example.com or by phone at 785-864-3911.