Students in a field

Guide for parents


When to apply

Financial aid schedule

Oct. 1: Tax return info for FAFSA
Dependent students will need their parents’ prior year federal tax information or tax returns, including IRS W-2 information, in order to fully complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

April: PLUS form and promissory note
Parents who request a Federal Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) must complete the PLUS Loan Request form and a PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN).

Resources for parents

Your connection to university services and programs
KU Parent Association

Support services and advocacy for student success
Student Affairs

Clery Act crime reports, security policies, public safety

How changes to state law affect campus weapon policies
Concealed Carry in Kansas

Disability accommodations and access services

Multicultural programs and organizations, academic support for minority students
Diversity and equity

Life at KU

Medical clinic, pharmacy services, health education
Student health

Policies and services for campus housing

Menus, dining locations, hours of operation

Visitor and student permits, maps, bus service
Parking and transit

Renters' rights, resources for living off campus
Good Neighbor Program

Does your son or daughter plan to be a Jayhawk?

There are plenty of things you can do to support your students as they prepare to be Jayhawks. These resources and services will help you understand what's available to help students succeed at KU.

Sign up to receive information about KU