TRIO and Special Group Visits
How to attend
After you register online, you will receive an email confirmation.
Thank you for your interest in visiting the University of Kansas. Due to an overwhelmingly high volume of visit request, the group visit program is completely full for Spring 2013. We are now only taking reservations for Summer 2013 beginning on June 11, 2013. Thank you.
Welcome to the University of Kansas! We are very excited to have you come visit our beautiful campus and discover what it means to be a Jayhawk. We want your visit to be a very positive experience and show you what KU has to offer. Reservations for visits are required and visit days do fill quickly. We encourage you to make your reservations as soon as possible to receive the best available dates. Regardless of your group, we will provide you with a personalized KU visit to fit your needs.
Types of Groups
The Office of Admissions provides group visits specially designed for:
- Middle school (6th-9th)
- High school (9th-12th)
- Community College students
- TRIO, AVID, or any other group with a special interest
- One chaperone is required per 8 students
- Maximum group size: 100 (for groups larger than 100, please contact us directly for further assistance)
- Group etiquette (We want you to get the most out of your experience here at KU. Being attentive, courteous, and mindful of others will enhance your enjoyment.)
What your visit may include?
- A required presentation from KU admissions representatives.
- A one-hour walking tour of campus with our Multicultural Recruitment Team
- Additional visit options
We recommend that you arrive at least 15-20 min. prior to the start of your visit. Please keep in mind that a campus tour cannot be guaranteed for groups that arrive more than 15 minutes late.
Fall and Spring visits
Fall visits begin mid-September thru early December; Spring visits begin mid-January thru early May. Visits are generally a maximum of 2 hours and offered between the following times.
During the academic year:
- Tuesdays –Fridays 9:30am-2pm (campus tours offered at 11am and 1pm)
- Select Saturdays 9:30am-1pm (campus tours offered at 11am)
During summer session (June and July), visits are:
- Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays 9:30am-12pm (campus tours offered at 11am)
Would you like to extend your visit?
In addition to your presentation, you may include other sessions to help your students explore Jayhawk life. Please note that all options require 30 days’ notice accommodate your schedule and the presenters’ schedules. Departmental presentations will depend on their reps’ availability and are not offered on Saturdays. Student panels and housing tours are 30 minutes.
- Financial Aid
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Student Panel
- Student Education Services
- Housing Tour
- Student Panel
- Student panels will depend on students’ availability.
- Departmental presentations are unavailable on Saturdays or during winter or spring break.
- Visits cannot be scheduled during Thanksgiving or winter break.
- During summer visits, departmental presentations and student panels cannot be guaranteed due to availability.
In the event if your group has to cancel your visit, please contact the Office of Admissions three business days prior at (785)864-3911 to further assist you.
Questions? Let us know.
Greg Valdovino, firstname.lastname@example.org, 785-864-5160