Senior Day visits
Senior Days are complete for the 2012-2013 school year.
EXPLORE the KU campus. LEARN about classes and majors. EXPERIENCE Rock Chalk traditions. DISCOVER why KU is a great place to be.
What is Senior Day?
Senior Day is a chance for high school seniors and their parents/guardians to visit KU. Each Senior Day includes information sessions from academic faculty and support services staff, student panels or student-led campus tours, lunch at Mrs. E's Dining Hall, and a residence hall tour.
There is a small fee, and online registration is required. All seniors must register separately. Registrations are accepted on a space-available basis.
If you haven't decided on a field of study, or are interested in a major in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences or the School of Social Welfare, choose one of the all-majors days. There are also Senior Days with a specific academic focus, such as business, engineering, or journalism.
When are Senior Days?
- Monday, September 10 – Majors Fair Day, Registration closed
- Friday, September 14 – Architecture & Design Day, Registration closed
- Friday, September 28 – Engineering Day, Registration closed
- Monday, October 1 – All Majors Day, Registration closed
- Monday, October 8 – All Majors Day – Columbus Day, Registration closed
- Monday, October 15 – Journalism Day, Registration closed
- Monday, October 15 – Education Day, Registration closed
- Monday, October 22 – All Majors Day, Registration closed
- Monday, October 29 – Business & Music Day, Registration closed
- Friday, November 2 – All Majors Day, Registration closed
- Friday, November 9 – Pre-Health Day, Registration closed
- Monday, November 12 – All Majors Day – Veterans Day, Registration closed
- Friday, November 16 – All Majors Day, Registration closed
- Monday, November 26 – All Majors Day, Registration closed
- Friday, November 30 – All Majors Day, Registration closed
If your desired senior day is closed, try a Jayhawk Day.
I attended a Junior Day. Should I come to a Senior Day?
Absolutely! The Senior Day agenda is completely different. Senior Days focus more on the great academic experience you'll have at KU. (And of course, you'll get to see more of the campus and have lunch at Mrs. E's.)
What will I do during my visit?
Here's a quick glance of the schedule for an all-majors Senior Day. You will get a detailed event schedule at check-in. (Please note that exact timing of events may vary.)
|8:30||Check In & Information Fair: Mix and mingle with departments from across campus to see how they'll help you have a great KU experience.|
|8:45||Welcome to KU|
|9:30||Academic Interest Sessions: Learn about two academic areas of your choice and ask all your questions.|
|10:30||Hawk Talk Student Panel: Hear from the experts - KU Students - what life on campus is like.|
|11:00*||Lunch / Residence Hall Tours / Student Rec Center Tours
*timing and order of these events will vary upon the day
|1:30||Housing Information Session: Find out where you want to live on the Hill - and how to make that happen.|
|2:00||Student Success & Support Interest Sessions: You will have the opportunity to hear from two of the following areas:
|3:00||Campus Tour with Student Ambassadors: Walk the campus and see for yourself why students love being a Jayhawk!|
|4:00||Optional Tour with Scholarship Halls|
How much do Senior Days cost?
The cost is $15 per person (students and guests).