It is never too early to begin visiting colleges to get a sense of how they fit your goals and expectations. A Junior Day is a large-group, general overview of what KU can offer you. During a Junior Day, you will have opportunity to learn about all things Jayhawk. You will
- Attend an academic information fair, exploring new areas of interest as you visit with schools, colleges and departments
- Discover some of KU’s deepest traditions in the Booth Family Hall of Athletics and the new DeBruce Center
- See where Jayhawks live and tour one of residence halls on Daisy Hill
- Eat where Jayhawks eat in one of our largest dining halls on campus
- Explore campus with our acclaimed Student Ambassadors
Spring 2017 Junior Day dates:
Mar. 3 & 31
Apr. 24 & 28
In order to accommodate as many prospective students as possible at this program, students may bring up to two guests.
Junior Day is designed for high school juniors who are starting their college search and want to see lot of KU in just one day. Due to the large group style of visit, we cannot accommodate any individual appointments on these days. If you are ready to explore one area of study in-depth and feel like you are ready for an individual academic appointment, we would encourage you to check out our Jayhawk Day program.
Junior Day is a full day of exploring our campus. Check-in begins at 8:30 a.m. Our last event concludes at 2:40 p.m. but there are optional activities that you might consider that will keep you on campus until closer to 4:00 p.m. If you are unable to stay for the entire day, we would encourage you to check out our Jayhawk Day program.
Cost for the day is $15 per person which includes parking, a light breakfast, lunch, and a t-shirt for the student. Please do not make travel arrangements until you have registered and receive your confirmation email from us.