You are a readmit applicant if you are a former student returning to KU after a break in your undergraduate studies. You must have previously attended the University of Kansas in a degree program, enrolled in KU classes and earned grades. If you have NEVER been enrolled in degree-program classes or are a previous applicant who has never been enrolled at KU, you should select Freshman or Transfer as your option for admission.

READMISSION TO KU AFTER ABSENCE FROM ENROLLMENT: All former KU students who wish to return to the University of Kansas after a break in their studies are required to apply for readmission by the deadlines listed below.

REQUIRED MATERIALS: As a part of the application, students must account for their activity since leaving the university, describe activity and provide official transcripts of any schools they have attended since their enrollment at KU. For those in F-1 or J-1 status, documents showing financial resources for one academic year must be submitted with the application.

READMISSION APPLICATION DEADLINES: Students are encouraged to submit their readmission application before the deadline and must submit all transcripts no later than one week prior to the official start of the semester they wish to re-enter.

Students Applying from outside the USA

  • Summer: March 15 or earlier for some majors
  • Fall: April 1 or earlier for some majors
  • Spring: October 1 or earlier for some majors

Students Applying from within the USA

  • Summer: May 24
  • Fall: August 8
  • Spring: January 7

LATE APPLICATIONS: Late applications may be considered on case-by-case basis. There is no guarantee of admission or that applications will be processed by the first day of classes for late applicants.

ACADEMIC STANDING: Applicants may be readmitted if they left KU in good academic standing and are in good standing with all other institutions they have attended since their enrollment at KU. Readmission is not guaranteed to students who left or were dismissed from KU. please check the readmission policy and the gpa requirement of the school or division to which you seek readmission.

DISMISSED STUDENTS: If you were dismissed from KU and wish to be readmitted to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, a minimum 2.5 GPA from the school(s) attended since your last KU enrollment is required. You must also fulfill other requirements of the College. Please read information on the CLAS website.

  1. Complete the KU International Recruitment and Undergraduate Admissions (IRUA) online application.
  2. Attach a legible copy of your passport.
  3. If in F-1 or J-1 status, attach proof of available financial resources to pay for all educational, living, and other expenses for one year.
  4. If you have attended another school since last enrolled at KU, have official academic records sent directly to IRUA from the school.
  5. If you have not attended another school since last enrolled at KU, write an essay explain your activities.

Texas Regional Representative
St. Louis Regional Representative
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative
Minnesota Admissions Representative
Mid-Atlantic Regional Representative
Transfer Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative
Colorado Regional Representative
Assistant Director of Freshman Recruitment
Southern California Regional Representative
International Admissions Representative
Chicago Regional Representative
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative
Chicago Regional Representative
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative
Admissions Representative