You are a non-degree other applicant if:
- You are not on a student visa and are permitted to take part time enrollment, or
- You are a recent graduate on a student visa who is currently on approved Optional Practical Training or Academic Training and want to take a few KU undergraduate courses part time while working.
Students complete the online application, pay the $85 application fee, provide original, certified English transcripts of their academic courses and grades from the last educational institution attended, a copy of passport, a description of academic plan, and if in F-1 or J-1 status, a copy of their I-20 or DS-2019.
F-1 or J-1 Students may only pursue non-degree programs under special circumstances:
- Students who have recently graduated and wish to take part-time, undergraduate courses while working may do so, if the students are on approved Optional Practical Training or Academic Training
Non-F-1 or J-1 Students may apply as non-degree visiting students for the following purpose:
- To enroll in one or two KU courses as an adult student who is not pursuing a degree
- To take undergraduate courses for graduate school or for a certification program
In general, non-degree seeking students are not eligible for student housing. They are limited to six credit hours per semester, unless they receive special permission to exceed the limit. Grades earned as a non-degree seeking student do not automatically count toward graduation or in the graduation grade-point average. Some schools may allow students to include such grades by petition.
Students who have been denied regular admission as first year or transfer students are not eligible for non-degree seeking admission. Nor are other degree-seeking students who did not meet admission deadlines. Admission as a non-degree seeking student is denied if the applicant has prior academic work at KU and is not eligible for readmission.
- Complete the KU International Recruitment and Undergraduate Admissions (IRUA) online application.
- Pay the $85 application fee. Online applicants must pay by credit card.
- Attach a legible copy of your passport.
- Provide original, certified English transcripts of your academic courses and grades from the last educational institution you attended. Photocopies must be certified as true copies.
- If in F-1 or J-1 status, attach a copy of the I-20 or DS-2019 form.
- Attach statement identifying academic goals during KU study.