Thank you for your interest in visiting the University of Kansas. We are excited to have you and your group on our beautiful campus and discover what it means to be a Jayhawk.
Reservations for group visits are required. We encourage you to make your reservation as soon as possible to receive the best possible dates. Regardless of the group, we’ll provide you with a personalized visit to fit your needs.
The Office of Admissions provides group visits especially designed for:
- Middle School (6th-8th) – offered in the spring and summer.
- High school (9th-12th)
- Community College students
- TRIO, AVID, Boys and Girls Club, etc.
- One chaperone is required per 10 students (1:8 for middle schools)
- Maximum group size is 120 (for larger groups please contact us directly for further assistance)
- Group etiquette — We want your group to have the best college visit at KU. Here are a few suggestions:
- Be on time — we recommend you arrive 15-20 minutes prior to you group visit. Please keep in mind that a campus tour cannot be guaranteed for groups who arrive more than 15 minutes late.
- Be attentive, courteous and mindful of others.
- Encourage your students to ask questions.
We welcome group visits throughout the academic year. To request a group visit, please complete the group visit registration form and our Assistant Director for Diversity and Outreach, Kaci Bray, will contact you. Please note group visits may be limited at times.
- Fall - August 29 - December 8, 2016
- Spring - January 19 - May 5, 2017
- Summer - June 7 - July 29, 2017
For High School groups:
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Office of Multicultural Affairs
- Student Panel
- Supportive Educational Services
- Housing Tour
For Middle School groups (on your own):
- Scavenger Hunt on Jayhawk Blvd.
- Allen Fieldhouse & the Booth Hall of Athletics
- Natural History Museum
- Spencer Art Museum
- Student panels will depend on students’ availability
- Departmental presentations are not offered on Saturdays or during breaks
- During summer visits, departmental presentations and student panels cannot be guaranteed due to limited availability.
In the event that your group has to cancel a scheduled visit, please contact Kaci Bray at least three business days prior at 785-864-5416.