How to apply
KU 3+3 BA/JD Accelerated Degree Program
KU College of Liberal Arts & Sciences and KU School of Law
Please read the following information carefully before beginning your application.
The KU 3+3 BA/JD accelerated degree program enables high achieving students to earn both a bachelor of arts and a juris doctor degree – graduating at least a year sooner than they would in traditional programs. Because this program allows academically qualified students to complete requirements for the BA and JD degree in 6 years, admission is limited to freshmen.
Admission to the Program (Freshman Applicants Only)
Prospective freshmen who meet the requirements set by Undergraduate Admissions may apply for the 3+3 program. Acceptance into the School of Law portion of the program is provisional based on undergraduate academic performance and LSAT scores. Law School admission is guaranteed to students with by meeting the minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA and LSAT score requirements set forth at the time of admission.
Minimum Admission Criteria
- High School GPA: 3.5
- ACT: 28
- Pursue a Bachelor of Arts degree in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
For consideration to the 3+3 BA/JD accelerated degree program, applicants must:
- Already be admitted to KU for the summer or fall 2013 term
- Submit 3+3 BA/JD accelerated degree program application.
- Have a minimum 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 weighted scale (subject to change).
- Have an ACT score of at least 28/SAT of at least 1250 (subject to change).
- If planning on majoring in a foreign language, have reached or surpassed the intermediate level.
A select number of students will be admitted to this program.
The following timeline refers to the 3+3 BA/JD accelerated degree application.
- Friday, March 8 – deadline to return application and essay.
- Mid March – The program committee will review qualified applications.
- March 1 – Priority date to file the 2013-14 FAFSA.
- Late March – College Student Academic Services will notify applicants of their BA/JD accelerated degree decision by mail. (Date subject to change)
- May 1 – New student fee due to KU.
Required Materials for KU 3+3 BA/JD Accelerated Degree Program
Applicants to an undergraduate program in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences and the accelerated 3+3 BA/JD program at the School of Law must submit an application by February 15.